Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Lovely Hall!

This morning I wake up as early as I possibly can, as it’s my last full day in Japan and I want to make the most of it. My mood, once again is as grey as the clouds outside. I really don’t want to go home, and curse myself for not booking another week at least (Although if I had booked another week, I think I still would have felt like this)

:(

I get ready while watching the last part of Pearl Harbour which is showing on the movie channel in the hotel and resist the urge to wave my Kyokujituki flag out of the window. It must have started pretty early, as the film is two thirds of the way through already.

I spend part of the morning packing most of my stuff into my suitcase. As I’m leaving for the airport at about six in the morning tomorrow I don’t want to leave it until the last minute. Besides, it’ll give me some indication as to how much space I have left when I go for one last shopping blowout with Phil! Hahaha!

With most of the packing done, I pop out for a bite to eat and true to form, I end up once again in Odori Park to eat it!

After finishing lunch, I take a few last pictures here and take a short walk between the fountains and the TV Tower before heading back to the hotel.

I meet Phil in the lobby and we head out to Tokyu Hands. Although it's still pretty overcast, the rain is staying away.

After this morning’s packing exercise, I’m already finding it difficult to shut my flight case but seem to conveniently forget this while I’m out. I decide I can just about squeeze another couple of t shirts in there and get the ones that I didn’t get the first trip. Phil is rather taken with the Japanese pavement design one and decides to indulge. Unfortunately they don’t have his size so he opts for the next one up (the smaller one is a bit too ‘clingy’ Hahaha!)

T shirts purchased, we head upstairs. I want to get some UV reactive plastic tubing while I'm here (I have no idea what I’m going to use it for, but as it's hard to get in the UK, I thought I’d buy some just in case! LOL!)

Phil kindly asks the assistant to measure it all out as I don’t know the Japanese for “two metres of this one, this one and that one please!”

We stop off at a few more shops to get some last minute ‘essentials’ (ok, more like ‘last minute impulse purchases because I’m in Japan and it’s impossible to get it in the UK/they do have it in the UK but it’s bloody expensive’)

Back home (Whoops! Home? I mean hotel! Bit of a Freudian slip maybe??? Ha!) to drop off the t shirts, UV tubing (God know what customs will think of this if I get stopped!) Origami paper, and assorted other stuff.

I change and meet Phil for one last evening out in Sapporo. As we’re probably (alright, you know me too well by now…definitely) going to be spending a good portion of the evening in the pub, we decide to line our stomachs with a good old Freshness burger. I’d been meaning to try one of these since I got here, so now is as better time as any…

I decide to have the breakfast burger which consists of a bun full of scrambled egg with bits of meat (I hope it’s meat) inside, plus some fries, onion rings and a strawberry smoothie which is so thick it’s making my face hurt just attempting to suck it up the straw.

Next it’s off to Brian Brew! (No surprise there I hear you say) for a drink or two (or maybe three or four)

We sit and talk, discussing the high points (Oooh lots of them! Too many to mention) and low points (No milk for tea in Mc Donald’s Bah!) of my time in Japan.

We talk to Akimi (most of what I say I suspect, is incoherent rubbish. That’s what three Moscow mules do to you. Sorry Akimi! Hahaha!) and eat chips.

As much as I would like to stay here until they kick us out, I do have an early flight tomorrow, so we decide to have one last drink (or two!) and I make the very sensible decision (:O Gasp I hear you say!) and go for a plain and simple cola. Akimi looks shocked that I don’t order something vodka based. I tell that that I was tempted to ask for a cup of tea to which she replies "I would refuse to serve you if you did!" Hahaha!

Akimi suggests that we go to Bar Jersey in the Tanukikoji shopping arcade (she probably wants to us to go so she can preserve her sanity, but as I’ve had too much to drink already and I having too much fun being cheeky to her we decided to stay put)

All to soon the time comes for us to leave Brian Brew :(

I say goodbye to Akimi and leave with a promise that she’ll take me clubbing at Precious Hall (Phil and I have trouble remembering the name…Lovely Hall? Nice Hall? No that’s not right…) the next time I return to Sapporo.

On the way back to my hotel, Phil and I check the time of the Shuttle bus to Chitose Airport (which stops very near the hotel) before leaving me to wobble up to the reception desk with a huge stupid grin on my face.

As I enter the lift, my stupid grin turns upside down as I suddenly remember again that I’ve got to get up early.

(>_<) Bah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil T said...

"Pleasant Hall" "Not too bad Hall?" "Acceptable Hall"...

8:10 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

..."Quite Fantastic if you can overlook the fact that they've run out of toilet paper in the cubicles Hall"

The list is endless under the influence of alcohol...

:D

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home